Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Start

The cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow,
but children grow up as I've learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs; dust go to sleep. 
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.

- Ruth Hulbert Hamilton


I've started a couple of blogs, but it seems like whatever my push was eventually ended up falling by the wayside.  I have a lot of friends and family who love hearing about Mason and the fun things he's doing these days.  I hope to keep this up to date with his adventures.

My philosophy on parenting?  Keep him happy.  I used to be worked up about schedules and formula and routines and naps, but many hospital days and two surgeries later I have relaxed quite a bit about those kinds of things.  I always say if he's eating, sleeping, and pooping, I am happy!  Of course, I want much more than that for Mason, but the essentials are all there.  I just want to be happy and enjoy him. 

Another reason for this is that having a boy has been some of the most fun I've had ever in my life.  When I was pregnant, I was sure that I was having a girl (and of course I would've loved her!), but nothing could've prepared me for the energy that a little boy has and the curiosity that naturally presents itself for subjects like tractors, bugs, and the outdoors.  I'm not much of a dirt fan, but I'm getting there

Finally, I make it a point to try something new every summer.  (I like to think it helps me stay grounded as a teacher and better understand those students who don't love to read).  This summer I took up some photography, and of course Mason is the best model I could ask for!  I hope to provide some photos of his adventures so you can get the full effect.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment